On Tuesday, Nov. 21, the 2024 budget will be presented at the Board of Supervisors (BOS) meeting at 6:30 pm, to be adopted at the Dec. 20 meeting. The 2024 budget proposes a property tax increase to provide more support for fire and EMS services, stormwater improvements and park maintenance.
Upcoming Public Meetings
Tuesday, November 21
2024 budget presented at BOS meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 20
2024 budget adopted at BOS meeting at 6:30 p.m.
The budget will be available for public review in the Township building lobby and on the website from November 22 - December 20.
What Do I Pay in Township Taxes?
How can you figure out the amount of property taxes paid to the Township? Take your assessed value times our millage rate. What is a mill? Mills are the amount each property is taxed per $1,000 of assessed value. For example, if your assessed value is $200,000, then you would multiply $200,000 X .000714 which is $142.80. That amount is what you pay in Township property taxes.
In 2023, the average residential Real Estate tax bill is $127. The lowest bill was $26 and the highest was $526
- 58% of residential tax bills are under $128.
- 90% of residential tax bills are under $200.
In 2023, the average commercial Real Estate tax bill is $708. Multiple parcels are below $50 and the highest was $26,501.
- 81% of commercial tax bills are under $708.
- 85% of commercial tax bills are under $1,000.
In the proposed 2024 budget:
- The average residential Real Estate tax bill will be $354 which is an increase of $227.
- The average commercial Real Estate tax bill will be $2,060 which is an increase of $1,352.
- The lowest residential bill will be $72 (+$46) and the highest will be $1,475 (+$948).
- The lowest commercial bill will be $143(+$92) and the highest will be $74,200 (+47,700).
For questions about the BOS meetings or the 2024 budget, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.