Subject: 5 tips for a fun, not frightful, Halloween night from the folks at NextDoor!
Halloween is CREEPING up on us! West Whiteland Township wishes everyone a safe and happy Halloween experience. Take a minute to read these 5 tips to make sure you and your family stay safe while trick-or-treating.
1. Trick-or-treat with trusted neighbors.
2. Dress like a ghoul or goblin, but stay safe. Make sure costumes and candy bags or pails are reflective. Costumes shouldn’t drag too far on the ground to avoid tripping, and masks, hats, and shoes should be well-fitting.
3. If you plan to be driving during trick-or-treat hours, watch for children walking on roadways, medians, and curbs. Be sure to enter and exit driveways carefully.
4. Use well-marked routes to get to the candy. Always use the sidewalk, and do not cut across yards or use alleys. Wherever possible, cross the road at a crosswalk.
5. When in doubt, throw the candy out. Avoid candy that has loose wrappings, is completely unwrapped, has puncture holes, or is homemade and not factory-wrapped. Small children should not be allowed hard candy, which could be a choking hazard.
If you have any additional trick-or-treating tips you'd like to share with your neighbors, please reply in the comments below. Boo safe out there!