Non-Residential Sewer, Trash & Recycling Billing
Non-residential properties include commercial and industrial properties, schools, churches and the fire department. Sewer charges for these properties are based on water volume usage the Township collects from Aqua to ensure that the sewer bill is commensurate with the actual sewage generated.
Non-residential property owners will be billed quarterly, according to the following schedule:
|Billing Period||Billing Date (Mailed on or before)||Due Date|
|Q1 2020||Sunday, May 10, 2020||Thursday, June 11, 2020|
|Q2 2020||Sunday, August 9, 2020||Thursday, September 10, 2020|
|Q3 2020||Sunday, November 8, 2020||Thursday, December 10, 2020|
|Q4 2020||Sunday, February 14, 2021||Monday, March 15, 2021|
- Pay by credit card with no added fee. You will need the Account and PIN numbers located at the top left-hand side of your bill. Please email email@example.com or call 484-875-6025 if you need assistance.
- Pay by check using the bill and envelope you received in the mail.
- Sign up for recurring payment via ACH.
- Push payment from your bank’s bill pay module.
Property Owner Responsibility and Penalties
As a reminder, it is the responsibility of all property owners to supply the Township with your correct billing address. Updates to your billing address must be received in writing or by e-mail from the property owner of record to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For properties with tenants, it is the property owner’s responsibility to receive and pay the sewer bill. We are not able to bill the tenant directly as serious delinquency can result in a lien being placed on the property.
A 10% penalty will be applied to any installment balance remaining after the due date.
Any sewer and recycling accounts that remain delinquent after 90 days may be subject to Collections at which point additional collections and legal costs may apply. Balances from previous years in the collection process with Portnoff are not reflected in the current bill.
Interpreting Your Bill
If Description = WELL or FIXED*
- Properties with well water are billed based on the equivalent dwelling units (EDUs) assigned to the property.
- *If we have not been able to locate a property’s Aqua meter to acquire a precise usage amount, the property is billed based on the EDUs assigned to the property (noted as unit on the bill). Please contact us at 484-875-6025 if you have Aqua water service and receive a bill based on a fixed amount.
- Rate is calculated as EDUs (units) * $71.25/quarter
If Description = SEWER METER
- Units column: EDUs for property
- Flat column: $71.25/quarter for the first 8,000 gallons
- Usage column: $9.00/thousand gallons in excess of 8,000 gallons
To request a sewer certification, please email email@example.com or call 484-875-6025. Please allow the Township at least two weeks to process your request.