Bids & RFPs
All bidders will be afforded equal opportunity to quote and to compete in all areas. West Whiteland Township uses PennBid, a web-based service for formal bidding. Registration through PennBid is free and allows suppliers to update and change their information at any time. In order to receive notifications of our bids you must register on PennBid.
West Whiteland Township is currently seeking bidders for the following services:
Service Length of Contract Bid Opening
Cured-in-Place Pipe Repair Length of Project Nov 17, 2020 10:00 a.m.
10,360 L.F. of 8” sewer line
Lawn Maintenance 1 year - 2021 - with optional Dec 1, 2020 10:00 a.m.
1 year renewals
|$250.01-$1,000||One quote (written or telephone)|
|$1,000.01-$11,300||Three written or telephone quotes|
|$11,300.01-$21,000||Three quotes via PennBid Quick Quotes or telephone/email|
|$21,000.01+||Formal invitation to bid|
NOTE: Changes to dollar limitations are adjusted each year for consistency with PA Department of Labor and Industry guidelines.
Formal BidWhen formal bids are required, several steps are involved:
- Services and purchases in excess of $21,000 must be bid. (Series of smaller purchases to avoid formal bidding is illegal).
- Specifications are prepared.
- The Board of Supervisors authorizes advertisement of the bid notice at a public meeting.
- An advertisement is placed on our Township website and in The Daily Local (two times) at least ten days preceding the last day set for the opening of bids.
- All vendors registered on PennBid will be electronically notified.
- There will be a formal bid opening.
- Bids must be approved and awarded by the Township Board of Supervisors.
All formal bids require a Performance Bond (100 % of Contract Price) due before the contract signing.
Any formal bid over $5,000 for the construction, alteration, or repair of any public work or improvement shall require a Labor and Material Bond to assure payment to all subcontractors or vendors (100 % of Contract Price), due before the contract signing.